What does Financial Planning mean?
The Reality of life is that your lifestyle in the future is normally determined by the financial planning that you do today. It’s extremely important to plan well ahead in order to succeed. This is why it’s highly recommended that you do your financial planning with a financial planner – qualified and professional – on a regular basis.
Through financial planning, you can:
- assess your current financial situation;
- set financial goals for yourself – buying a car or home, enjoying a comfortable retire comfortably, put money away for your children and their education; and then
- arrange your finances in a way that will help you to reach these goals.
We at Reality pride ourselves on being part of one of the few lifestyle programmes that also focuses on educating our members on financial topics to enable them to make informed decisions.
We do this by providing you with free ongoing access to our extensive Reality financial tools:
- Our Reality Check and Life Events Planner – a friendly, easy, informative journal-based planner with a series of individual action plans
- Our quarterly Reality Magazine.
- Our monthly RealityNews e-mails.
We also provide you with a R1 100 voucher benefit on funerals or cremations done through Doves services if the cost exceeds R8 000, excluding VAT.
Financial Life Events
We at Reality understand that there are 12 major lifestyle events that need consideration and financial planning. Do therefore study the material and information on each of the 12 topics in your Reality Life Events Planner section or speak to your financial planner.
In the meantime, here’s some information that you should consider in your financial-planning process. Please do note, however, that we’re not providing financial advice here; what we’re doing is providing you with very helpful information!